We wrote in one of our previous articles that arrangements are in advanced stage by the Lagos State Government to start issuing electronic C of O's to landowners in Lagos State. This step will not only make the process transparent but it will also check the fraudulent activities of unscrupulous estate agents, surveyors and the so-called omoniles. Herein are the required documents needed to obtain the electronic C of O:
- Submission of four (4) copies of a DULY EXECUTED DEED OF TRANSFER OF LAND. Ask for the current format of this document because it has been updated.
- Payment of ten thousand naira for the applicants name to be published in a Newspaper so as to avail people an opportunity to if necessary, object to the issuance of the e-c of o.
- Payment of seven thousand naira for a location map of where the said property is situated.
- Payment of N5, 500 (for a plot of land, N25, 000 and above for double C of O forms.
- Submission of two (2) copies of applicants passport photographs, 5cm x 5cm, on a white background.
- Submission of a copy of purchase receipt from seller(s) of the said land/property. This receipt must be DULY stamped, takes N10, 000 to sort this aspect out.
- Submission of four (4) copies of thr property's Survey Plans which must conform with prescribed requirement. A good Surveyor should be in the know of this prescription.
- Submission and Payment of N10, 000 for Land Information Certificate per plot of land. A Land Information Certificate reveals whether or not the said land is genuine or not.
For more details, visit the Lagos State Government website.